At a glance:
- Meets the UK’s mandatory training requirement for food handlers
- Covers the key syllabus of RQF level 2 food safety in manufacturing qualifications
- Written by Richard Sprenger, renowned food safety expert and author
- Self-paced study hosted online
- Compatible with desktop, laptop and tablet devices
- Accessible with features including audio voiceover and transcript
- PDF certificate available immediately on completion
- Accredited by Highfield Qualifications, the UK’s leading provider of regulated food safety qualifications
- Approximate duration: 4 to 5 hours
Public confidence in food safety is a major concern for any business in the food sector. The risk of cross-contamination in a manufacturing environment is high, and with increasing public, media and legislative scrutiny, food businesses must get it right first time, every time.
Equip your staff with the skills to protect your business – regardless of size.
This Level 2 Food Safety in Manufacturing e-learning course is ideal for anyone who works, or is interested in working within a food manufacturing environment.
- Introduction to food safety
- Microbiological hazards
- Food poisoning and its control
- Contamination hazards and controls
- HACCP from delivery to service
- Personal hygiene
- Food premises and equipment
- Food pests and pest control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food safety enforcement
Why should I choose this course?
This food safety training course is suitable for those working in a food manufacturing environment.
This course simplifies even the most complex of subjects through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. Our Food Safety in Manufacturing Level 2 course is packed with:
- Interactive exercises/gaming
- Media-rich content
- Interactive 3D scenarios
- Content provided by market leading experts
- Relevant photography and illustrations
- Multi-generational content and style
Is this training course right for me?
The Level 2 Food Safety in Manufacturing Level 2 e-learinng course is ideal for those who work in a manufacturing environment.
This may include food factories, meat cutting plants, dry goods and vegetable packing, dairies, breweries and more.
If you work within a catering or retail environment, we offer a dedicated training course, the Food Safety Level 2. This online training course is designed specifically with the differences between manufacturing and catering food businesses in mind.
This course is accredited by Highfield Qualifications, the UK’s leading provider of regulated food safety qualifications.
The course will typically take 4 to 5 hours to complete, however as this food safety training is hosted online, learners can complete each module at a time and pace to suit them.
There are no prerequisites to study this course, though a basic understanding of principles of food safety will be beneficial.
Test and certification
The course is assessed by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course. Learners must score 100% in order to pass.
If the learner does not achieve 100% first time, they will be taken back to review the module with which they have struggled. They can then retry the multiple-choice questions as many times as necessary to pass the course.
Please note: this course does not provide a qualification itself but does meet mandatory training requirements. If you wish to achieve a recognised level 2 food safety qualification you must sit an exam with a recognised training provider (you can still use the e-learning as the knowledge element of the training). Find a training provider here.
You will receive an electronic copy of your certificate immediately on completion of the course. This certificate, which is the equivalent of the old basic food hygiene certificate, may be printed and used as evidence that you have been trained in food hygiene to the appropriate level.
This course features a full audio voice over, a glossary of terms and a transcript for users that are hard of hearing.
Try this course
We’re happy to let our course speak for itself.
Click on Try our Courses, then enter your details. You will be redirected to a demo account where you can try the food safety level 2 course.
Highfield Qualifications Accredited Programme
We provide price breaks on this e-learning course based on the total number of licences you purchase. The price breaks available are as follows based on user numbers:
|QTY||1 to 9||10 to 19||20 to 99||100+|
Course licences can be purchased over the phone by calling us on 01302 363136.