Highfield Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace: This course and subsequent qualification is aimed at supervisors and managers with a direct responsibility for health and safety management. The course is intended for learners already working in the capacity of supervisor or manager and those who are preparing to start work at this level. The objective of the course is to support the learners’ role in the workplace.
Delegates gaining this qualification will know that supervisors and managers have legal and moral obligations to ensure health and safety within a business and that this includes obligations to employees, contractors, visitors and suppliers. Its subject areas are regarded by the Health and Safety Executive as being important to developing safe working procedures in the workplace.
This qualification is assessed in two parts; for part one, delegates will undertake a risk assessment and construct a safe system of work. Part two takes the form of a written examination with a total duration of three hours.
The cost of this course is: £600.00 + vat.
For distance learning prices please contact the team at Train2Train.
The content of this course includes the following:
- The fundamentals of health and safety law and principal law
- Health and safety management
- Risk assessment
- Safe systems of work
- Accidents and accident investigations
- Proactive management strategies
- Human factors
- Information, instruction, supervision and training
- The workplace
- Fire safety
- Work equipment, pressure systems, electrical and gas safety
- Noise and radiation, ergonomics, manual handling
- Display screen equipment and construction, contractors and maintenance
- Occupational health and hygiene
- Hazardous substances and personal protective equipment
- Stress, violence, lone working, first aid
The course is designed for managers/supervisors who are directly responsible for the senior level management of Health and Safety within the workplace.
The course is held over 5 consecutive days.
Who should attend?
Those with responsibility for the management of Health and Safety in the workplace. The course is designed for managers, supervisors or those who are preparing to start work at this level in any business, regardless of the product or service provision.
Delegates are required to be aged 16 years of age or older. It is also recommended that delegates hold a Level 3 Health and Safety qualification or have a good working knowledge of Health and Safety is in the Workplace.
Aims of the course
On successful completion delegates will be able to manage health and safety in most business environments by:
- Developing auditing and monitoring programmes
- Designing safe practices and procedures
- Liaising with enforcement officers
- Interpreting legal requirements
- Providing staff training
- Establishing risk assessment projects
A comprehensive delegate pack, including all course materials will be provided.