Highfield Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering/Manufacturing/Retail: The course has been designed for those who operate in a supervisory role in the workplace and who are required to be aware of their responsibilities with regards to food safety. This qualification ensures that supervisors have the confidence to lead by example and encourage good hygiene practices.
The qualification is assessed through a multiple choice examination and certificated through Highfield Qualifications
The cost of this course is: £255.00 + vat.
The content of this course includes the following:
- The impact of food poisoning
- Bacterial, non-bacterial food poisoning and foodborne infections
- Hazard analysis and HACCP
- Food contamination
- Personal hygiene
- Food storage and temperature control
- Food preservation
- Design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
The course is held over 2 consecutive days.
This course is also available via distance learning in a virtual classroom/e-learning. Please contact the Train2Train team for more information.
Who should attend?
The course is recommended for supervisors and middle managers and for those who are responsible for ensuring food safety is implemented within the workplace.
Prior knowledge of food safety is recommended, although not essential.
Aims of the course
On successful completion delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a wide knowledge of food safety legislation and effective supervision
- Take responsibility for the competency of the workforce
- Identify hazards and controls, monitoring controls and taking appropriate corrective action when necessary
Level 3 Food Safety textbook and workbook will be provided as pre coursework is required to be completed prior to attending this course. Learners will also receive a comprehensive delegate pack.